Scientists say that according to researches, the food we eat play a very important role in controlling a person’s emotions. An example of this is how chocolates not only leave our sweet tooth satisfied, but also our emotions happy, as well. For someone like me who has been working in the food industry for some time, I do believe that “happy foods” do exist. There are food that put you in a good mood. Here are my top 5 comfort food.
1. CHOCOLATES. Chocolate bars, chocolate cakes, chocolate fondue, dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate, or whatever kind of chocolate in any size or form, I will want one! Chocolate is definitely at the top of my list. It triggers the release of endorphins, our body’s very own happy hormones.
2. ICE CREAM. Admit it! We, girls, are guilty of this. We often say that ice cream is the best medicine for heartaches. But some guys also consider ice cream as one of their comfort food. Ice cream is sweet, so the sweetness from all the sugar feels so comforting!
3. BURGER. Yes, you read that right, BURGER! And I’m not referring to the pan-fried burger patties. I like the grilled ones. Just imagine how meaty and flavorful a one-inch patty is. The fresh lettuce and tomatoes, and everything else in between those fluffy burger buns. Now, isn’t that mouthwatering?
4. PIZZA. It’s simple. Thick crust or thin crust, with all the toppings and mel-in-your-mouth mozzarella cheese. Come on, who can resist such beauty?
5. FISH BALLS. Who wouldn’t find this cheap street food very comforting? It’s cheap, locally made, and a classic. And what completes eating fish balls the way Filipinos do is eating it straight from the wok.
These are only my top five. What can I say? I just love food so much that my comfort foods are exactly what I need after a hard day’s work.