For some parents, it is more costly to have daughters than to have sons. One reason for this is because unlike men, we spend almost half of our life planning and working on our dream DEBUTS and WEDDINGS. These are the moments that every girl has been dreaming of. These are the moments when we feel most beautiful and all eyes are on us, admiring our beauty, and savoring the glamour and elegance of the event.
But before weddings, we become really engrossed with debuts – imagining the beautiful ball gowns that we will wear, picking out our 18 roses and 18 candles, planning out the cotillion dance, among other details! But nowadays, girls are into modification and experimentation, deviating from the classic concept of debuts. So girls (and parents, of course!), here are some tips for organizing a debut party that your guests will surely remember and enjoy!
- INVITES. If you are going for a sophisticated, elegant and minimalist theme, then make your invites simple and elegant. But if you are going for a more fun theme such as “rockstar” or “movie-themed,” then here is your chance to send out invites that scream PARTY! In short, make sure that how your invites look is in line with your theme.
- MUSIC. Music sets the mood. Why stick with instrumentals when you can be creative and go for your favorite songs? Tired of the 18 Roses dance? Make it more fun by choosing a different song for every dance – novelty, pop, classical, or even rock!
- PROGRAM. True, you are the celebrant. But never ever forget that you are also hosting the party – meaning that you are responsible for keeping your guests entertained. Short on budget? Cut down on the hiring of professionals. Ask some help from your friends who have special skills in emceeing, dancing, singing, or even event planning.
- DRESS, HAIR, AND MAKE UP. Make sure your looks complement your theme and that your theme complements the way you look.
- SOUVENIRS. Bring out your artsy-fartsy side and invest on DIY (do-it-yourself) souvenirs.
Powered by Facebook Comments